Frequently asked questions
Q: Isn't it BT's job to fix my phone line?
- Your service provider e.g. BT, Talk Talk Sky etc, will only maintain your phone line up to the master socket within your property, all the wiring, sockets and any equipment after this, are your responsibility to maintain and repair. This is where we can help.
Q: Will BT charge me for repairing my fault?
- If a fault is found to be on your wiring or equipment then BT will charge you for an engineer to attend and fix the problem. If you are unsure of where the fault lies or how to check this, it may be cheaper for one of our engineers to attend to diagnose the problem. If the fault is on your wiring we can fix it there and then, if the fault is on the BT network, BT will not charge you for fixing the fault.
Q: Are your engineers allowed to work on my residential phone line?
- Yes because the wiring and equipment after the master socket is owned by you, we are allowed to maintain it for you. All our engineers are fully qualified and privately trained.
Q: How much do you charge?
- We charge much less than major telecoms companies, see our price guide for details.
Q: Are you VAT registered?
- Yes, we are a VAT registered business and charge the standard current prevailing government rates of VAT on all the services that we offer.
Q: How do I pay?
- Payment is made directly to the engineer on completion of the work. You will be given a receipt which also acts as your 12 month guarantee. Payment can be cash or cheque.
Q: How quickly can you attend to my telephone or Broadband fault?
- Our normal call out times are within 3 working days. between 8 am and 6 pm Emergency call outs within 24 hours. We work evenings and weekends by arrangement only, and will arrange a time to suit you.